View Single Post
      10-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
Graham M
I love my Z. Pure sex on wheels.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Is sold, goodbye everyone!

For the ultra-high end (/professional) system, all the (non-"professional") speakers were replaced with higher end ones. The difference in sound quality is measurable. The lower end of the two, also has 10 speakers, including dual 6" subs, however for the better of the two, those said two 6" subwoofers are upgraded for these (Phillips made) subwoofers designed by Carver audio.

Some people dont like the 6" 's, however I find them to be quite adequet for an OEM premium/professional sound system. Asides from the subs themselves, its difficult to improve on the sound quality of the "Professional" sound system all things considered.
I've done car audio for over half my life and I can honestly say it would be very hard to replace the Professional sound system with a better one for anything short of a $1000-1500 at an absolute bare-minimum quote.

I have the Professional sound system in my car. My only complaints about the WHOLE system is that there could be much deeper and more crisp bass, but considering how small the subwoofers are, and how little space they take up (enclosure wise) I really can't complain.
The 6's dont go too much below 50-60hz without much distortion, and even though they do have a fair bit of whallop, it can still be improved.

I'd say go for the upgraded sound system. It makes day to day driving much more enjoyable, the wieght difference will be absolutely minimal.
Appreciate 0