01-16-2022, 07:09 AM   #21
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyemyti View Post
Soooo I have now driven a few cars and have a decision to make. It seems like from the newer cars I would need to get an m235 or m240 as the driving experience was not for me in the other 2s. The prices right now are obviously up there and while I like the 2, I’d still prefer the 1. I miss my 18k mile beauty!

I found two 1s (under 30k miles) that I have now driven somewhat close to me. (I am too sketched out to buy a car online without seeing or driving it.) So can’t imagine I will find many more, certainly not now. 128, 3 owners, super minimal - the only option is heated seats, no leather, auto dimming mirrors, even power folding mirrors, let alone premium sound. All of which are things that I wanted. In checking the car I realized the phone wouldn’t connect via usb and the dealer won’t fix that. Said aux works but I didn’t check that myself. No Bluetooth. No xenon. Also, the car carpet was a bit wet when I did my test drive but I know the car had been detailed that day. (Of course, I am paranoid about water damage since my car was totaled in the storm.)

The 135 (1 owner) is a little beast. Like, almost scary. I obviously am not used to the extra horsepower and this model has a bunch of options I don’t really need like the m sport package. But nice looking wheels though! I am perfectly happy with the 128 power. That said, some ‘basic’ things to me like the lights, folding/dimming mirrors, etc. are there. And lumbar support In fairness, I didn’t think to check *all* operations like Bluetooth, just assumed it was all working. Clearly not an experienced used car buyer. The 135 is $10k more than the 128. I have read that the engine could present more problems than the 128.

I can’t see me finding/liking another car more than the 1 right now. (Except the boxster but not willing to pay the ridiculous fees and spend min. 85k.) but I am so torn about these two choices!!! I didn’t think I needed much in my car except an enjoyable drive and good sound but I find myself already missing silly things like the mirrors. Ridiculous?

I have printed the vin options and been comparing but driving myself crazy. I think I am going to get one of these two…but which one?! To be continued…
What year is the 135i? Later models used the N55 engine, which is more reliable than the earlier N54 (and sounds better).

You only live once. That over-spec'd 135i sounds like the right car in your situation. When I bought cars with fewer options than I wanted, I regretted it ...always thought about the lack of those options when I drove the car.

Charles