View Single Post
      12-23-2021, 07:05 PM   #51
BMWbiker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive wagon

Here is another vote for Etymotic passive hearing protection.

I wear them often when I'm onstage, and when I'm in the audience for a loud concert.

My opinion is that the active ones are probably better for musicians themselves, rather than those in the audience. The needs are different.

As for concerts, I performed most recently on Sunday. Proof of vaccination for everyone was mandatory: performers, staff, audience, everyone. Negative COVID tests were also mandatory for everyone other than the audience. However, two performers from that performance have subsequently tested positive, although both are currently asymptomatic. It goes to show that even diligent precautions done in good faith are not 100% effective. I hope that nobody else (myself included) tests positive.

The most recent concerts I attended as an audience member were a classical concert, and a jazz guitar trio. Proof of vaccination was mandatory, and not all seats were filled. I didn't need to wear the Etymotics for the classical concert. I wore my Etymotics for the jazz concert. They were both good concerts.