09-20-2022, 05:23 PM   #51
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Currently searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugatuJag View Post
I love Savage Gees, I’ve been watching them for years. Glad they asked Scott from the segment because the guy had the personality of a potato lol

In regards to their review it was honestly not terrible. Personally before I bought a 228i gran coupe I was on the fence about the styling. However when I saw them in person, and drove one I really loved it. Yes I am coming from a F56 mini Cooper S but I also had a G20 330I and I prefer the driving position, the ride quality, the seat comfort, and the noise, vibration, and harshness.

The F44 is much quieter than the 330 I in stock form at least, even with the frameless windows and stock run flats. I had an M440i coupe with the 19s however and it was much better than the 330i as well.

Styling is subjective but I think it looks good, at night time the rear lights look really cool, the interior is high-quality, very similar to all modern BMWs of course. There is no wood in mine but the fit and finish is top notch.

And sure it might be front wheel drive based, but in XDrive form it feels far superior to the Sdrive 228I, I get no wheel spin, it just feels extremely solid. I like the panoramic sunroof relative to the G20’s sunroof. I could have gotten a 330 I, or a 530 I if I wanted to but I chose the F44, it’s plenty fast for me and while most publications state 0-60 in 6 secs, there are several that have got 5.1, 5.2…. which feels about right.

I’m gonna put my K&N cold air intake from my MCS F56 just for the noise, and a JB plus module. I have a DINANTronic Sport module from my Mini Cooper that will actually fit in this car but it was throwing turbo boost codes left and right so Hopefully in this car it doesn’t lol

I almost completely dismissed this car after first test driving the sdrive FWD 228i. The xdrive version feels like a totally different car. Not sure why considering it is also fwd biased but it's so much more planted and solid. The fwd sdrive was sloppy. I was actually expecting the opposite considering how fun fwd mini' coopers are.
2006 E90 330i RWD
2002 E46 330i RWD
Appreciate 0