Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
I am having Litchfield install their bolt capture on to my M2C on Thursday along with a Stage 1 remap and having an AA mid pipe fitted. Litchfield run their bolt capture on their own 600bhp M3 and haven't had any issues and I am happy with this solution.
I am gonna sit and wait how you and GreatWhiteM2 will showcase the strength of that solution. I am not 100% sure yet I will install it.

For now I am waiting what to do... I don't have any performance tuning yet, I might fit a AC Schnitzer Tuningbox for the sake of testing it and sharing my thoughts with you guys, but then at least I am under warranty.

Just not sure... Time will tell. First suspension and wheels, and then next steps. My project is taking longer than I initially thought, but I also decided to keep the car longer so I have enough time in 2020 to finish it all.

MR
That's fair enough Marc.

I have the brakes and suspension done already and, after the track day yesterday at Bedford Autodrome, I could see what everyone is talking about with the lack of power at the top end. So, it makes sense to me to get a remap and the bolt capture at the same time as a bit of an insurance policy. I could have spent more like GreatWhiteM2 to get a new crank hub replacement, but I need to be mindful of cost.

One of the guys who works for Palmer Motorsports at The Autodrome said one of their M2 Comps lit on fire free one spun on track on to the grass. The OPFs got so hot and lit on fire as the car didn't pull away quick enough. He also said this has happened to a couple other M2 Comps that he knows of. Makes me happy to be switching to an AA mid pipe on Thursday considering I'll me doing more track days.