View Single Post
      07-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #20
rngrjag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963 View Post
Hmmm......it's hard to be a F80 advocate when I'm getting an F82. That's just semantics though. It might behoove you to do a little research as my F82 is a 6MT. Not worried about first year purchase. If you keep waiting for the next big thing, all you do is wait. If that's all you can come up with, then you must really be butthurt.
Nah, c'mon, I love you early adopters, what with your wide-eyed optimism. I prefer to wait for the bugs to be worked out and actually buy a product at the end of its production cycle, a la 997.2 and 2013 E92 ///M, when the reliability, and price, is optimal. All you early adopters comparing your new ///M to a known commodity, a legend in the automotive world, are comical. The new ///M may be the greatest thing since sliced bread and a substantial improvement on the previous model. This is prospective, however. IF it is all that and a bag of chips I will buy one. Simple. (Assuming I can get over the hideous interior.)

I have seen your posts, many of which are variations on the theme. New car is awesome, you M9X owners are delusional and clinging to old tech, etc., etc., ergo you must be butthurt. Logical fallacy. I believe my comments are well-reasoned and fair, albeit subjective. I acknowledge the empirical superiority of the new chassis and motor, while lamenting the break with previous ///M philosophy. I fail to see how that makes me butthurt. Congrats on your new ///M, enjoy it in good health.
Appreciate 0