View Single Post
      01-30-2023, 12:21 AM   #16
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
I have full-sized Euro plates on my car (transferred from another vehicle) and bought metal-edged mounting frames from Ozsales-direct on EBay. I didn't want to put screws through the plates, so looked for a holder that could be fixed to the car and which would then hold the plate securely in a frame. The surrounds are sturdy black anodised steel and decently well made, and the backing plates made of reasonably thick plastic which was easy to drill custom holes (there are a load of holes provided, but none of them aligned with the existing ones on my car). However, because they are metal with a turned edge, the frames will not bend. So it was very easy to mount the plate on the boot, but I had to fabricate spacers on the front bumper to use the existing holes for a standard plate and mount it flat. It doesn't look as good as it would it if could be bent to follow the curve of the bumper, so at some stage I'm going to order a smaller Euro front plate and mount it using the existing holes.
Appreciate 0