View Single Post
      01-30-2018, 04:28 PM   #246
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Just trying to keep it real. FWIW, if you look back in this thread, SCOTT and ynguldyn are in agreement with me.

The silver lining is that the small RWD coupe and convertible will live on for another generation. If they put the S58 in the next generation M2, that's going to be a tough car not to love (especially if, as currently expected, they keep the MT around for all you clutch pedal fans).
RWD lives on for the 2er in the Coupe/Cabrio only.

Why the GC is not RWD is due to its positioning in the market and its need to be competitive amongst its erstwhile competitors.
Driving dynamics is not enough in the highly contested compact segment. Whilst I do not agree with the decision. I do understand their reasons for it.

So a flagship xDrive M35i is on the cards to join other UKL based BMW models that will Be offered under the M Performance umbrella.
We see the first UKL based M Performance model later this year underneath the bonnet of the all new BMW X2 which I have been driving the current at launch top line model in Lisbon.
But under embargo at the current time.

Back to the 2er Gran Coupe. Seems it could work out rather well.
Attached Images