07-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #19
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
The Lexus IS has actually been given better marks on steering feel and handling compared to the F30. It's actually an insult to Toyota to compare say the F30 is Toyota-grade.

Car & Driver legitimately placed the IS over the F30 (335i M Sport) in terms of handling and steering.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...m-sport-page-3

The interior, while worse than MB and Audi, is still a slight improvement over the E90. It's acceptable at best. BMW interiors have always been meh. Never stylish, never very premium compared to its peers. I'd rather they continue to focus on the handling and not go too crazy on the interior. I always liked BMW's understated simple and solid interiors.
Loll the IS is my other car and I can confirm it's better to drive than the F30 any day.

The interior added a few swoopy lines on the dash and glued on a tablet. Otherwise it is far too similar to the E90. The plastics around the center console are a clear downgrade from the E90's wood and padded surfaces.

Yes BMW's interiors have always been on the simple side but with each new generation you it at least looked like a new generation and were still superior to the competition. Based on spy shots, it does look like the G20's interior will finally be modernized just as the new X5's is compared to the F15's very E70-like cabin.

The F30 will go down as one of BMW's most forgettable cars of all time as it is wholly undeserving of the roundel, just like the F10.
Appreciate 2