View Single Post
      02-23-2023, 09:49 AM   #57
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

So, getting back with an update.

Because of my M340i Mild Hybrid Technology, I bought, on top of my Noco 5, a Noco 10 and a Noco 25.

The car was fully charged on January 14, and I left it in the garage as I am out of the country for a few months.
One month later, I have asked my family to charge the M340i to make sure the battery is OK. The car is almost depleted as a critical battery message showed up on the dash.
Even after connecting the Noco 25, it does not charge.The grinding noise is back even with this charger, and nothing happens except the noise followed by a charger reset that starts again, and again, and again...
the single charging that works for me is disconnect the trunk battery cables and charge the battery. Otherwise nothing works.

All I can say is This is BS!

BMW is not providing any official input on it, and I strongly believe that is a design issue. BMW technicians know NOTHING about it; all they know is to connect their professional chargers and show me that "it appears to be working."

If I knew that this car is one that I need to bury my head in the trunk, disconnect the cables and charge via trunk every month, I would have never gotten it!

I don't care about my 10 HP plus from the POS mild hybrid technology car or the POS start-and-go annoyance that I need to turn off everytime for God's sake, all I want is a car that doesn't go dead on me because I am on vacation or gone for over a month. I've never owned a more agonising vehicle in my life.
My X1 loses charge, but very little in a month, my X4 is also ok, however, that one also has two batteries but it doesn't seem to be MHT so it's still ok.

And the most interesting, even here, on the forum, no tech comes in with a proper answer. No one knows anything!

Why BMW is not saying anything?

The MHT is just a pain that helps no one. Screw This!!!!

Last edited by Teutonic; 02-24-2023 at 06:11 AM..
Appreciate 0