View Single Post
      06-04-2021, 07:07 AM   #1
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I've often wondered __________

There are times that I wonder how certain things came to be or how something is accomplished. I'm sure many of you are the same way. Since we have quite the interesting collective here, spanning in a wide array of backgrounds, let's bounce some topics off of each other and see if we can shed some light to odd ponderings.

While I was driving during lunch yesterday, paying no attention to speed limit, I wondered; how are speed limits set on each road. What constitutes that particular speed? What factors are involved in determining said speed? Could it be number and angle of curves on that road, whether or not it's a residential street, how many side streets are connected, etc. Or could it be some guy who drives down the road once construction is completed and thinks to himself, "Yep, I feel comfortable driving at this speed" and reports back to the office, this is the speed that everyone needs to drive.

No stupid questions here. All inquiries are open. I'd prefer for people that genuinely do not know something and have always wondered about something, are not made to feel stupid. Please be kind in your responses. This should be pretty interesting until we derail the thread 3 posts in.
Appreciate 1
Buug95917904.00