View Single Post
      05-07-2019, 06:17 AM   #1
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Wheel and Tire Insurance advice and experience requested

My car is due in sometime in early June. I got the 664M 19" wheels with the run flats (tire brand not specified). I see the new wheels sell for $ 450-500 + tax and I am not sure of the tire cost. The roads do stink around my area and I have had this type of insurance and used it before so am leaning toward getting it but I have paid 750.00 in the past on an Infiniti w/20" sport rims. This is substantially more. BMW Dealer quoted $1850 for wheel and tire insurance w/ cosmetic (unlimited claims) for 3 years (my lease term).

I think that is a bit high. After discussions with the finance guy he went to $ 1,800 said bottom line. Suggested I look around and see that's a fair price for a top vendor NSD (Nation Safe Driver out of Boca Raton Fla).

I have 2 specific multi part questions if you would not mind sharing your experiences so I can make a decision:

1. Who had gotten this type of insurance from a dealer at less of a cost. who was the provider? who was he dealer?

2. Who has gotten the insurance outside of the dealer and what was the cost and vendor? Have you made any claims? if so how did it go?
Appreciate 0