09-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #9
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern X5M View Post
One thing you can do is pull up to the line and don't stage until everything is ready to arm for your launch control. At least your MPH is up there with the 11.8 pass, which means you are making power, just have to work on your 60'. I wanted to come out so bad, but I didn't get my car in for the 1st service yet.

well you you don't reall have a choice, unless in missin something, after you push the lever forward, you can't move forward any more until you launch.

I have my M1 programmed to sport plus and S3, so I'm already in M1 mode before I even pull up to the lights. but it still takes a second or do to push the lever forward, take a quick glance to make sure Launch control active appears in the cluster , then, floor the gas, remove your left foot from the brake(actually you don't need to do this after you floor it, it could be before.

but there's literally no time, or any of that. it's very difficult. all my reaction times were between 1 and 2 seconds. when I attempted LC.

it's funny, the 12.2 pass, I ran against a mustang 5.0

even though I did a normal launch off idle, i still messed it up bigtime. he still got off the line waaaay before me. by the time I really got moving he was a good 8-10 car lengths ahead if me. but the rate at which I reeled him in was quite amazing. i realized quickly, before my eyes what a ridiculously fast car the f10 m5 is.

we crossed the line at about the same time.

I think he ran a 12.9 that run.
Appreciate 0