View Single Post
      07-30-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

Lesson Learned - BLAKFIRE

Ok - so I purchased the Blackfire Crystal Paint Sealant Kit -- not the spray type but the 4oz bottle that came in the kit I paid $109.00.
Washed , Clay Bar, Paint Prep -- all went well.
Then I tried to accurately apply the Crystal Seal Coat only applying small droplets on to the applicator and using cross hatching strokes . Then per the video instructions I used the supplied microfiber towel to level off the coat.
All this did was smear the coat . The flat parts of the car ~ hood and trunk and roof looked amazingly bad the next morning. As though I had applied a thin clear coat and you could even see the hatching in which I applied it.
So for the next 6 hrs, the same amount of time I spent applying the seal coat - I was able to remove the coating from the hood and trunk only. The other areas are not as noticeable. I worked on the roof some but it was hell getting off the hood and trunk.

So my lessoned learned here is: I will use the Paint Coating for the front bumper only. It should provide the protection I am looking for. I may purchase the Blackfire Crystal Seal spray which does not appear to be as durable as the paint coating seal but application results have to be better than the poor results I saw ~ especially in light of the hours and effort I put into this application.
Appreciate 0