04-18-2017, 09:59 PM   #9
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeroni View Post
I think the sensors are attached to the windshield with double-sided tape. When I had my windshield replaced, I ordered a stock windshield through my BMW dealer. The BMW parts counter guy automatically added new sensors to my order. I asked if the ones currently in the mirror could be reused. He did not know. He always just ordered them automatically if the car was so equipped. So, I asked the windshield installer if they could be reused. He agreed to try. He just had to remove them from the old windshield and use new tape to attach them to the new windshield inside the mirror base. Saved me a couple hundred and I haven't had a problem at all.

I told you this story thinking that your windshield installer might not have reused the sensors correctly, e.g., tape in the wrong place, cables not attached correctly, or sensor window accidentally covered. Just a guess.

Peace...Mack
Thanks for the input Mack, entirely possible but I did see all new stuff on the invoices. Still doesn't mean it wasn't potentially installed wrong.