11-20-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
Snooky
Major
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback Carbon Blac

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdeztke View Post
Wow thanks for the email Dave.

Now I just need to find someone who KNOWS Edinburgh (in the city) very well. I plan to stay in the city from the 30 Dec-Jan 1. I would love a view of the fireworks and to be near all the crazyiness, but not IN THE MESS of it all.

Our total time in the UK will be 27 DEC - 6 JAN which we plan to see most of the eastern parts of Scotland and spend a day or two in London shopping of course

Any and all advice is welcome! If you have a few friends that spend time in Edinburgh for New Years Dave please ask them if they can recommend anywhere.
Welcome to the site! I work in Edinburgh most of the time. My wife and I are just discussing your requirements - I have only ever watched the fireworks from the street party - way too old for that now!. The best option I can think of is The Point Hotel on Bread Street (http://www.point-hotel.co.uk/). This is right beneath the Castle and has a wonderful glass room on the roof which would be a brilliant vantage point for the fireworks. The Caledonian and THe Balmoral are both possibles (but very expensive). Possibly the Sheraton or any of the hotels in the Grassmarket area (e.g. Apex). I would email or phone a few to see if there good vantage points for the fireworks on Hogmanay.

Hope you enjoy your trip
Appreciate 0