United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper83 View Post
Thanks Liquidpaper

Any recommendations on which camber plates to use? I’ve seen a few threads stating there are issues with bearing failures and such.

I’ll probably post up a thread on my brakes, but I now have some EBC redstuffs on there. I do like the initial bite better, but won’t get to try them on the track until next season. I’ve had Motul fluid in there for all my track days and it’s working good.

I don’t have an LSD, but I do have Xdrive. The car is stable, predictable and digs out of the corners quite well. I hear ya on the sway bars. I’m not scared to turn a wrench, but I’ll have to research it and see what’s all involved. I may try camber first and see how it goes.

For tires I didn’t like the options at 245 and like yourself I wanted to stay square (I want to be able to rotate and I think staggered would just make it push with Xdrive). When I get camber I’ll go with 255’s.

Thanks for the heads up on the strap angle.
Camber plates are kind of a sore issue on this forum. A lot of us had a preliminary version of the Ground Control plates. There were bearing issues (mine included) where the urethane bearings snapped off the top nut of the strut. They redesigned the plate and just went with a spherical bushing (like in a race car), which has done just fine for me for the past five months or so. However, some people have had other issues with Ground Control -- Pparana had some problems with the axial bearing I think? I think he's using the Kmac plates now.

I think TCKline makes a plate too, but I don't know of anyone who uses it. Vorshlag hasn't made an F30/F22 plate yet, and I don't know when they will get around to it. My guess is that they will do the F80/82 chassis first.

Again, the sway bars require the lowering of both subframes. Unless you have a lift to keep the drivetrain in place in the front, take it to a mechanic.