View Single Post
      07-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #12
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
If I were BMS, I would absolutely not want to take blame without CONCLUSIVELY knowing that my product is what caused the failure. Imagine if your 'turbo sensor' going bad had caused your engine to self implode, by taking blame for the sensor failure they are essentially making themselves liable for the engine failure...

As was so eloquently put in the other thread... an intake is just an intake and filter, there is not much complexity there to give such a failure. The airflow sensor is VERY sensitive and if it was damaged it could be triggering other errors downstream.. which could manifest into the problems you have now. Also, you are running other modifications, so there are other places that may not get along well with the intake.. who knows.

Point is, I *highly* doubt whatever your real issue is, it can be traced back to the physical air intake itself. I don't doubt that your issue started AFTER you installed the intake but to blame it on the intake right off the bat, especially given how simple the product is, is a little premature.

LASTLY, they (and many other companies) have a disclaimer. You install it yourself.. you take responsibility for it.

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i
Appreciate 0