05-04-2009, 03:59 AM   #9
PeteJ
Diesel Head
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Convertible E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_ns View Post
Thanks for the advice & the welcome guys!

The other party didn't admit in writing, yet (bump happened on Saturday), but seemed a decent person. I took photos at the scene and also have a copy of his driving licence.

@jjbirch
Yep, I was in the car - actually I was at a crossroad, just about to move away, when this happened. My neck did hurt for a bit, but was fine after 30 mins and it's still fine 2 days later - I still feel pain when looking at my bumper though )

I intend to get a quote from Blackheath BMW and offer him to pay up. If that doesn't work, my insurance says they will claim the damage from his insurance.

My worry is that my insurance says they will fix the car, but it also says I need to pay excess + my NCD bonus will be suspended untill (or if) they get their money back.

Should I just skip my own insurance and go to one of those 3rd party accident management agencies (if the guy doesn't want to pay cash)?
Hi Milan_ns

I really feel for you on this one. I hate anything like this and always feel I need it fixed yesterday. I hit a deer 3 weeks after picking up my car and the whole front bumper needed replacing. £850 from Douglas Park BMW in Glasgow. Also, you'll find that the is a 10% parts discount which can be applied, so always ask!

However I would recommend one of the accident management companies and don't pay anything out yourself at this moment (however tempting!). Insurance companies will take there time, since it make financial sense for them to do so.

I would avoid involving your own insurer at this point. They will muddy the water even further. Give the guy the option to go around insurance companies, however if he says no then get an Accident Management Company to start working on it.

Hope this helps, and you get it sorted soon
Appreciate 0