View Single Post
      04-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #13
Titan 3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 325ci ~ F36 428ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus_GC View Post
Just thought of something. If I decide to upgrade my speakers in the future but add the sub now, would it be more cost effective if I went for a 6 or 8 channel amp instead of the 2 channel Alpine amp? I'd probably go with the JL Audio XD600/6v2 or the JL XD800/8v2. Would this amp be sufficient to drive my stock speakers and a JL 10w6? Thanks!
I'm guessing you don't have private message privileges yet. As soon as you do, let's take this to PM.

I'd say it depends on your realistic timeline. Check with Technic and find out what his harnesses can accomplish. If he has one that covers a full speaker replacement, I'd invest in that now, but you might be surprised how much better the stock setup sounds just by adding a bit of low end to it.

If it'll be awhile, or you're unsure about speaker replacement, maybe just consider a dedicated sub amp for now. You can always add to it or sell it for a 5 or 6 channel replacement. One of the things I like about the PDX amps is that they are stackable, and fit really nicely in the cubby under the trunk floor.

Lastly, you'll likely find that if Technic makes a harness to replace the front speakers, it may not replace the rears. Rear speakers can often be left for fill (rear passenger experience) and just run off of the factory amp. If you do an amplified replacement, it'll likely be under-seat subs ideally band-passed as mid-bass drivers, and front door mids/tweets. That'll consume 4 channels.
Appreciate 0