02-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #21
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Thanks a bunch for pointing this out!!

Thank you very much to you for you to take the time to take the pictures.

This contradicts with the above and also contradicts with realOEM as well.
RealOEM states that the right should be the flow (higher temp) and the left should be the return (lower temp).

I'm curious if the IR thermometer was on the correct point because I know that the lazer is just a guide.
hmmm.
Yeah no worries

I'm positive the readings are accurate on the right hoses...I didn't just click once n done; rather looked/tested thoroughly and at different points, etc.

There is one FLAW with this, and I'm thinking now it might be even bigger and more important: the thermostat had not opened. This test tonight might be worthless. Since I took a good rip sesh getting the oil to 220 (back to 200 at home) and saw the hoses were [very] warm, I figured the thermostat had been open and oil had gone through the cooler. After I posted, I went back out to feel the cooler, and both lines and cooler were cold. So one must assum the hoses must have gotten warm from simply being connected to the thermostat housing...

That said, I don't see why the two lines would be so different in temp as there is no significant cooling going on between the thermostat venturis. Hmmmmjm
Appreciate 0