Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
You would think they would hope on this quicker, especially with the amount of 228i owners out there that want one.
Tbh, not many people would purchase an aftermarket exhaust for a 228i. Whrn the 2 series sells about 500-700 cars a month compared to other vehicles that sell tens of thousands, it's not worth it. I rather build an exhaust for a civic or accord etc, because the market is xxxx larger.
AA is a BMW specific company. They don't create exhausts for Honda civics nor are they in the business of moving tens of thousands of exhausts for one specific model quickly like some less reputable less quality companies out there.

They already have a 328i exhaust which would be very simple to adapt to the 228i. And there are definitely enough on this forum and in their local Miami area that make it work adapting the exhaust which wouldn't cost that much unlike creating a complete exhaust from scratch. The sound will be the same, it's the same engine. People buy AA for their quality and amazing craftsmanship. And after having multiple AA parts I would gladly order one even if it cost a little more. There is a reason we see so many custom exhausts being made by users or adapting other exhausts including the 328 m performance one for the 228i.

You are right there aren't enough cars sold for maybe an m performance exhaust or some other company to make it. But for a small company like AA that caters specifically to enthusiasts and racers alike, it's a great value proposition because you will have the loyal buyers who will purchase and the new purchasers who will become customers for life. I rarely meet someone who wouldn't buy active again after buying from them once.

But I do get what you are saying, and if companies like AA didn't exist I'm with you 100%. I just hope they stay true to their model. Because they sold stuff for every M and we know tons of those cars sold less than the 228i does.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0