Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alslive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
BMW says the 330e's battery can be fully replenished in just under five and a half hours from a domestic, three-pin socket. That time will come down further if you use a public charging point or 7kW home wallbox charger, which will charge the 12kW battery in just under two and a half hours.
Thanks for the info Blackers. 👍🏻
Just bear in mind that the 330e will only take a 3.6Kw charge so although you can use higher power chargers you don't really benefit from them. We got a 7KW home charger installed as a future proof measure. It still takes about 3.5 hrs to fully charge using that.

If you're looking to move electricity provider we use Octopus Energy's EV tariff. There is a "recommend a friend" scheme which gives both of us £50 credit. Use this link...

https://share.octopus.energy/nice-gale-893

On the wall charger side I went with BP ChargeMaster in the end, cost about £450 for a socket unit, rather than tethered (inclusive of the Government grant). They were easy enough to deal with and did a good job of the installation but their mobile app is a bit rubbish. It can't cope with peak/off-peak rates, doesn't calculate the actual energy used properly (in the summary tab) and doesn't remember your password. 2/10 at best...

Basically I had some poor customer experience with some of the smaller players (taking weeks to answer basic sales queries, phone ringing for 5+ minutes before being answered etc.) which made me worry what they'd be like for installation and subsequent customer service. I've only called ChargeMaster once since installation and got through to someone helpful without any trouble. Just fix the damn app guys!? ;-)
Thanks Tricky,

My current tariff ends in November, and I have looked at octopus amongst others... they seem quite competitive and the £0.05p kWh in the early hours seems a very good price for EV charging.

If I do indeed go with Octopus, I'll definitely use the RAF link above.

Appreciate everyone's info 👍🏻
Appreciate 0