View Single Post
      01-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
ROCKETRON
320D M-sport le-mans blue
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320D M-Sport le-mans blue

[QUOTE=ENINTY;1893382]I'm sorry, I can't help it, but it's a new year...

The "planet" is going to burn to a crisp in about 4 billion years, what "good" exactly is a diesel engined BMW in 2008 going to do for the planet?[/QUOTE

The diesel engine produces a lot less CO2 than a petrol engine,produces nearly 1.5-twice as much torque as a petrol engine making it feel a lot livelier in the normal rev range, uses less fossill fuels and also runs well on bio fuel. Before the particulate traps being used for euro4 engines the particulates coming from a diesel exhaust were bigger than the particulates (pm10) from a petrol exhaust (pm5) and because they could be seen people automatically assumed that the exhaust was dirtier from a diesel whereas the smaller invisible particulates from a petrol exhaust are far more damaging to the lungs as they get past natures filters. Now that most diesels are fitted with particulate traps they are cleaner than petrol exhausts on the particulate front.

E90 320D M-Sport Lemans blue/beige leather/wood/auto/lumbar support/folding mirrors/through load/bluetooth/pro satnav,i-drive/voice control. NOW SOLD
Appreciate 0