06-29-2007, 06:34 AM   #3
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
Procede supposedly can do more than the Xede because it has more inputs/outputs. So far both Xede and Procede are pretty much equal in power and functions. Procede makes promises but AA xede only informs us once the update is completed and 100% tested etc.
PROcede has delivered on it's promises and will do again (no doubt) favourably against Xede when V2. upgrade is released very soon.

Quote:
Procede comes with a error code reader total cost is 1360?
AA xede is 1200 and comes with a map switcher which can be used to switch between FULL POWER and stock mode.
PROcede will utilise the power switch when it becomes a priority. For now we utilise that switch called the gas pedal

Quote:
Procede doesnt have a "faster" processor. What Vishnu and AA do is get these black boxes and configure them (create maps) for the 335 motor. The maps both tuners create are generic tunes thus each motor reacts to the 'piggyback' differently some gain ~5-10whp/wtq more or less.
Shiv was the developer of the Xede system but then recognised a natural technological progression and advantage to a more advanced system in the PROcede for future integration. These two opposing units share similar looking cases but that's where similarities stop as they are wired differently and not identical or "generic" as you seem to imply !
Also PROcede has 4 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs for future development of :
VANOS control, Speed limiter defeat, Wastegate control, Launch Control..etc
Xede has 1 digital input and 2 digital outputs. Pretty limited I'd say.

Quote:
Id go with the AA xede because it saves you a little money for other mods. They also give you the map switcher and their great guys. Always picking up their phones and responding promptly to emails. Plus theres no wait for their product, I'm sure you've heard the stories about the procede waits.
Shiv's presence on these forums is quite outstanding for a developer of this product and their improved email system to answer any queries on the Vishnu Tuning site is excellent. Also if demand outstrips supply, what it tells me is that they are selling PROcede's faster than they keep them on the shelves. Their production and supply is improving and isn't as bad as some chest beating impatient people will have you believe. I live in Australia and all the guys that have ordered them, shipped surprisingly quick.

Quote:
Either way both products are great goodluck with your choice. I'd put my money on AA Xede. (They've been tuning bmw's for ages unlike Vishnu)
Q. How many Turbo motors has BMW produced in the last 20 years?
A. Zero

Vishnu has great experience in tuning turbocharged motors from makes like WRX's, EVO's, Porsche and now the 335i. AA knows no more in tuning this BMW motor as Vishnutuning. Pretty level playing field I'd think, don't you ??