View Single Post
      02-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #19
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

I think every manufacturer has its own marquee tuner that loves to have ridiculous prices. Generally, these tuners back their products with warranties (Comptech for honda/acura and Nismo for nissan come to mind). These products are always slightly more expensive than their competitors and there are always people that complain about it. But I dont think i've ever seen anything on the level of dinan's prices. A $2000 oil cooler!? A $2000 reflash? I would never pay $2000 for an oil cooler, ever. I'd pay $2000 for a reflash if it were from GIAC because, well... thats GIAC.

In all honesty, I really think Dinan prices things this way because most of their customers don't really know any better. While the people on my350z and clubrsx may not make as much as your average e90post member and they may act slightly more hooliganish on their forum, in GENERAL, they tend to know their stuff a bit better than the average e90post user. Perhaps, I don't mean e90post per se, but bmw enthusiasts in general. It's just what you'd expect from the people who buy 3-series vs. the people who buy more commonly modified vehichles. Therefore, because the average 3 series buyer relates more to the concept of warranties, and protecting your investment, and resale, they're enticed by dinan more.

Thus, i'm not saying that dinan doesn't make great products, i'm just saying they're overpriced. And I understand exactly why they do it.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0