View Single Post
      08-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #9
CAMOETO
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

There is also the Active Autowerke Active 8.

See this thread for tune comparison (doesn't include Dinan Elite):

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384817

Regarding Dinan Elite, it connects to 4 sensors: Map, Tmap, intake cam position sensor, and fuel pressure sensor.

- It seems that out of these, the JB4 is most advanced because it has access to the Canbus via ODB, can modify timing, etc., but install takes the longest due to ODB connection. They also update the firmware quite often so you keep having to screw with it if you want the latest and greatest firmware/maps.

- Dinan Elite is probably the most advanced out of the rest as it connects to the most sensors, is RPM based, and can correct fuel trims. It does cost the most though and carries matching factory warranty.

- Active Autowerke seems like a pretty solid compromise since it's a set it and forget it kind of tune and is RPM based so should be smoother than the two cheap options while cost 1/2 of what the Dinan Elite costs. The downside is that it cost more than the JB4 while seemingly less advanced.

- Out of the two cheap options, JB+ and Dinan Sport, take your pick. Both have have concerns about drivability documented on this board, but Dinan Sport connects to both the Map and Tmap sensors (vs JB+ that just connects to Tmap) and boost can be adjusted through Bluetooth.

Gone, but not forgotten: 2017 m240i, 2016 GTI PP, 2013 Camaro SS, 2009 G8 GXP, 2008 G8 GT, 2007 335i, 2003 530i
Appreciate 1