View Single Post
      07-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #21
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Thanks for the feedback.

Im only looking at 2004-2006 and are very reliable daily drivers. Im staying away from the competition package as the color is a bit too fruity for me and the ride even stiffer.

Where I live the roads are not harsh. less than 10 miles round trip commute, the rest will be highway driving less than 100 miles each way.

Rather than lease IM thinking of buying and hold on for some time. M's hold their value very well.

Maintainence issue is not a problem. Im gonna put 10k miles per year on it. If I own, I don't mind buying a second set of all seasons for the winter. Winter is very mild here.

Price: Naturally the price matters. Drove a 04 for 27k that had 55k miles on it and it was like new. Very solid, well maintained. Im not worried about special oil as I like to change it myself (if possible). I would be ok to pay up for the right vehicle. With proper documentation, no mods, and the right color would make for a better experience than trying to get the cheapest one I can find.

SMG II is very intense and while a very interesting variat of transmission I would opt for a straight manual. Besides my wife has to drive this once in a while and the smg, even in auto mode would freak her out. I might suggest any fanboy of the 335 who thinks Steptronic is great take this puppy for spin. Very very different. SMG in the M3 is scarey in comparison.

The ride is very different from the 335. Im not trying to flame anyone here but Naturally aspired vs Turbo is really a big deal for me. The exhaust note on this thing is the real and to me this thing would encompass every mod you can think of already built in. IM not a mod kind of guy. In a way if you think of the money that some put into mods it would more than cover my maintence. To mod a car then dump it when the lease is done might not make sense.

Im thinking, looking and driving different avenues. I dig the BMW and the performance but not sold on the 335i even though its an awsome car! I was just smitten with the look, fit and finish, and the overall experience of the M3.
Appreciate 0