View Single Post
      12-19-2020, 10:34 PM   #11
cpxchewy
Monkey
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
I understand your point. My principle is that warranty should be the same as is the same manufacturer. I see it as a insult to the others that receive less.
Keep in mind that a similar BMW in Europe is more money, yet they get half warranty. Why?

Of course there is discrimination.
"Use"- You will use it like everyone else. The vehicle is made to work on all roads. Or not? Is France, Germany, Italy, Greece (you should see Greece's new highways), etc., are that lower in quality? Germany even has Autobahn, USA and Canada do not. Also living here I can tell you that at least in Canada, you can get gravel and salt on the road while in Europe not so much, not to mention some areas that have no snow.
"Where is it repaired" - It will be repaired at a AUTHORIZED DEALER OF COURSE! That is a facility accredited by BMW to fulfill all the requirements. I never serviced anywhere else. Otherwise you loose the warranty anyway.
"Mileage" - Mileage or year whichever occurs first. I get that. Actually in Europe is unlimited. Why? distances are short. In Canada I must drive to buy a bread, In Europe is at every corner. So mileage is mileage and I get it.
"time"? - Don't get this one.
"what is covered"- shouldn't be covered like all others? Why the difference? Should be this a point that might contribute to the idea that some vehicles have a different quality (depending on the market?)

An I will not fight anyone about it, I will just not buy a BMW from BMW if that is the case. Period.

I will take one of them that is already paid for and I own, but not buy another one as I want to vote against this discriminatory practice.

I wanted to know if a BMW purchased in Canada will benefit from its 4 years warranty as stipulated in the warranty book.
And my taken is that it should as that particular vehicle when I bought it, I bought it with 4 year warranty.
Don't know if it's in Canada warranty terms or not, but in the US Warranty you get 4 years but it can only be serviced in the US.

Quote:
To obtain warranty service coverage, the vehicle must be brought, upon discovery of a defect in material or workmanship, to the workshop of any authorized BMW center in the United States (including Puerto Rico) during normal business hours.

So technically you have 4 years of warranty coverage but the warranty is coverage is only supported by US BMW shops (Canada or Mexico BMW won't fix something for example). I'm guessing when converting BMW of that country does a good will of giving an extra warranty for that country for remaining of 2 years.

The same thing happens for European Delivery and maintenance. If you drive over 1200 miles you have to pay for the break in maintenance out of pocket and BMWUSA will goodwill reimburse you for it. They don't have to and it's not in any contract.
Appreciate 1
David701567.00