04-05-2007, 02:43 AM   #22
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameB View Post
Vgr, I think you are partially right, but BMW sales are supposedly increasing year on year. I also read that for the first time ever, Australian new car sales may reach the 1 million mark for 2007.

I suppose it is not like I haven't had any offers (I've had 5 now, 3 reasonable, 2 unreasonable), but it is just that people don't want to pay a higher Red Book price, for want of another benchmark.

I agree that this will partially be due to economic factors, such as high interest rates and people borrowing money to the limit (a person who bought my last car re-mortgaged his house to do it!).
Sure sales are increasing but at what cost ??? Are margins lower ??? Are they putting rego on them and using more as service loan cars??? I see our local main dealer yard crammed with used service vehicles. Even the new coupes.

Don't forget, arch rival Mercedees has an old model competing with the E9x. No competition. The new C class due out later this year will hurt BMW no doubt and BMW will try to counter act with even more sweetners.
Appreciate 0