View Single Post
      04-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #18
JameB
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by recruiter View Post
I ordered without sunroof much to the surprise of the salesperson as his comment was "no one has a BMW without a sunroof"
Well my last two cars had an sunroof and i certainly had no problems selling but their is a lot of horror stories around, like jealous truckies spitting,birds pooping and the like.
I personnally have had dirt come in the car as i pulled into a car park and didn't notice the constuction shute as i pulled up. Also a twig of a tree while waiting in traffic. You also have noise and smell get in; so i do not like them. I must be getting old.
Roofs are popular with young fellas must have something to do with a chick magnet
Well, for the record, I don't have a sunroof in my E90 320i and have over 8K of other options on the car (and it is in pristine condition) and I have still had a very hard time selling it. I've sold 5 other new cars (including a 325Ci) in the past 6 years and this by far has been the hardest one to shift. I've had a few offers but have knocked them back. Funnily enough, even though the 320 is way cheaper than my 2004 325Ci was (by around 20K), it has lost the same amount in the first 12-18 months!

The market is flooded with 320s and so there are some good deals to be had...Personally, I won't ever be buying a base model BMW in Aus again as there are too many on the market and I probably won't be much worse off financially going for a lower specced (but sunroofed!) 325i.
Appreciate 0