10-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #10
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
SO awesome!
Tell us about your experience; the TV coverage was awesome and the signifiant number of lead changes was intense; the onboard footage of the DPi cars carving their way through the lower classes....AT SPEED was incredible; did you have specific seats and if yes, which turn were you at?

I really want to see this race in-person....it's on my bucket list.

Attachment 2440480
No specific seats, it's General Admission so you just go wherever you want. There are tunnels and bridges so you can go back and forth to the infield. There are certain areas where you can get very, VERY close to the track when you're against the fence. I'd pick a spot, watch from that point for a half hour or so, then move to a different point. I was there for about five hours total, then drove home and watched the rest on TV. I'm about 45 minutes away from RA. I forgot ear plugs, but honestly the only cars that were really loud in person were the two white 911s.

The sensation of speed doesn't really translate well on TV. The cars going down the straight is pretty intense, and they all sound wildly different. The cars are all bunched up for the first several laps, so you'll see all of the classes go by then wait about a minute or so before they'd be going past you again. Once the field separates it gets a lot more fun to watch in person.
Appreciate 3
shadowfax1289.00
ToddinTN504.00
MKSixer34171.50