02-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #36
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
Im surprised the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf (before zodiac was bought by fossil) isn't mentioned in here. It is suppose to be one of the best dive watches ever made.
It's a watch worth having. The Zodiacs were, in their day, a "go to" watch for professional and technical divers. Even now, a good one is worth having and wearing.

The biggest challenge is finding one in good condition aesthetically. As watches used by divers who needed a dive watch, many of them got beaten up pretty bad, though they took the licking and kept on ticking too.

As a desk diver who never dove below 50 feet, I have no desire to own a dinged up watch. Were I a former diver who used one, I'd wear it proudly, dings and all. The dings would in the latter case be mine and would have a story to go with them. IMO, "my story" of experiences with a given watch are far more meaningful and interesting than any story a watch company might have about themselves.

Squale makes a decently similar looking watch that one can buy new.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0