Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Depends on if it's recouping braking energy by induction, that would provide braking force that is not obvious by the size of the brakes. Whether that's the case or not here, it's definitely going to be the future.

That's where hybrid drivetrains could be the ultimate performance for a few years, while battery capacity increases, as the hybrid can use a smaller batter, capture the energy of the car moving and store it, then use it to launch from the corner, and keep repeating the process. The hybrid drivetrain would allow it to go for a decent distance.
In the future, perhaps. But today the availability of high regen braking is limited by the capacity of the battery, and the rate at which the battery can charge. Decelerating from speed would need to put an enormous amount of energy into the battery very quickly. Also limited by weather conditions (the colder the lower the current) and by the fact that when fully charged there is no room to store the braking energy any more. Regen is a bonus, not a safety critical braking system.

I doubt there will ever be a 100% works all the time electric braking with powertrain. That's why the brake sizing has to be done assuming you have no boost in deceleration from regen.

But from what I hear the ceramic brake package for the plaid is in the works. I think Tesla realized they need hardware for braking, not just software. After they released this beast to the public.
Prolly this one…
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50