View Single Post
      01-16-2024, 01:42 PM   #17
Scythe17
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2010 M3 E93 6 Speed

Garage List
UPDATE

Engine rebuild in progress. It was decided the block can be saved... so send it I guess. There's just not many cars that fit the bill to replace it. Kinda cornered market when you want a Manual, V8, RWD, hardtop vert/roadster. There's really only a few under $80,000 which are this, the C7 Corvette... uh... that's about it. Cadillac XLR if you forfeit the Manual.

She's getting forged rods and pistons, New VAC Motorsport rod bearings and ARP hardware right away.

I bought a 1990 GMC Sierra to daily in the meantime, great truck, but like any old car you get with over 170k miles really cheap, it's not perfect, so it's also in the shop now... I think once both are fixed, the M3 will no longer be a daily. Idk maybe I'll supercharge or throw a turbo on it in a year or something.

EDIT (UPDATE): The truck is dead, 5.7 TBI Small Block Chevy died *at the shop* and you'll never guess how. *Pause for effect*... *INHALE*... Yep, it spun a rod bearing *smile*. Some kind of sick ironic joke am I right? At least replacing this engine only costs like 2-3k, engine included.

Last edited by Scythe17; 03-01-2024 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0