Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i 8SA M-Adaptive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bou707 View Post
Awesome video.
What equipment and software did you use to record/overlay the video with all that information?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt C6 View Post
thanks for the info and the Video. like BOU707 what did you use to get the video. I have 2 Go Pro's that I will be using but would love to have something like that
I use trackAddict on my iPhone to collect telemetry. The iPhone is paired with a Bluetooth Dual XGPS150A to get good speed and location (the iphone's gps is garbage) and an ELM327 OBD2 WiFi transmitter to read RPM, intake manifold pressure, IAT, pedal position etc

I run a GoPro3 Black on a custom mount I built that attaches to the headrest of the driver's seat. The GoPro's connected to an external mic (Sony EMC-DS70P) that I put down by the cigarette lighter with a foam wind-sock over it. Works well down there even with the windows open to get voices. When I recorded this one, I didn't have the sony camera, sound was from the GoPro internal mic. There's usually another GoPro mounted on the rear glass using a RAM suction mount. It cut out on that video b/c it ran out of batteries - forgot to charge it

I marry it all together with RaceRender2 - I find the software really easy to use. The gauge cluser I use I made from pictures of my own gauges with the needles blacked out, then I have racerender draw the needles in for me.

It all take a bit to learn, but now I can just throw my files in, synchronise them, and render without any real effort
Appreciate 1