View Single Post
      03-07-2020, 10:04 PM   #1
bananaleaves
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i M-Sport

Wind/Rattle Noise from my A-pillar

Hi all,

I have an ongoing issue with my 330i that my dealer just can't seem to resolve. I have this wind noise/rattle that appears to come from the top of my A-pillar, on the driver's side. To describe it - it almost sounds like the sound of opening the plastic wrapper of a peppermint candy - but it keeps on going. It seems to happen only at speeds of about 30-50 mph, and it's intermittent. It seems to happen more often if there is a crosswind.

The dealer is having a hard time fixing it because we can't replicate it. In fairness to them, they have been extremely patient. I have recorded the sound and they acknowledge there is something there. However, I went on a long test drive, for about 20 minutes, with my service adviser, and we couldn't hear a thing. Then of course, as soon as I left the dealer - there it was again!

They have already replaced the roof-rack strip once. They have also removed and re-installed the rubber strip that runs up the A-pillar. The sound is still there. I don't know what to try at this point. I feel bad taking my car to the dealer over and over again, chasing this albatross, but when the noise starts-up, I think "I love my car so much....except there is this annoying sound I can't get rid of!"

Any suggestions on what to try next? Has anyone else out there had this issue? Thanks!!
Appreciate 0