View Single Post
      06-06-2018, 10:50 AM   #1
boxdoc88
Rep
Drives: m2 lci 2018

bmw m2 brand new - paint issues!!

Hi guys,
all new to this - but advice / some guidance would be much appreciated!
1st week of april got my m2 2018 brand new (cars on 3 year finance PCP). its in black sapphire - approximately a month later (2nd wash) i noticed what looked like 'water marks' all over the roof, bonnet and the boot. On certain angles , in the sunlight the car looks almost like a leopard!. Being naive and not the biggest car nut i thought it was simply water marks - and my local car wash (been with them for 7 years) decided to wax/polish it off- nothing happened - the marks remained. I rang bmw - and a week later got it down to the dealer. They took in to the body shop with me, and machine polished the boot - as a test with '3m cutting paste' - (what the bottled said anyway). The aim was - 'lets see if it works' and bring it back after the weekend to do the rest of the car. At first it seemed to have all gone - but about 3 days later i saw it again -in the same distribution - so clearly had not worked.Car had not been washed in between

the car has the autoglym paint protect - previously i think bmw used supra guard??. I had a m135 for 4 year before this - from new and had no such issues - that was in grey.

the paint feels smooth - its not rough to the touch . in my basic knowledge i think the paint protect failed and what ever got on to my car - seems like it came with the rain as the droplets are all over and fine - took the lacquer with it

the chaps at bmws in the body shop seemed to agree.

the car is now back with them - (delayed due to my own work issues) and the plan is to keep it for a week - to 'sort it out'

questions which i hope you can help me with?
1) would the paint protect fail? was it put on? would i even know? - i have the bag with bar code which comes in the boot
2) is this covered under warranty? what are my rights?
3) if they send it to a detailer - how does it not happen again?
i need to be clued up when they call me back with the solution - i feel/from what I've been hearing re customer services i may be fobbed off/hence pay when i shouldn't

yes I'm an idiot i have no pictures! and it much more clearer in person!!

thanks
Appreciate 0