View Single Post
      06-27-2016, 02:21 PM   #15
UnhappySwede
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 -2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
NY/NJ/CT ( North east ) BMW's are a dime a dozen.. I would even say it's as common as Honda civics. I can safely say I see about 10+ X5's on any given day. I don't consider people driving X5's rich but maybe middle class.

But this is all dependent on location.
The BMW 5-series is super common in Stockholm. I noticed however, after spending a few months on Manhattan, that this car was nowhere to be found over there. Instead, the 7-series was as frequent there as the 5-series is here.

Owning a newer 7-series is a big deal over here. I Think just some 20-30 of them are sold in the whole country each year.

So you guys are wealthier and have better climate. We work less, but noone retires early as hard working, sucessful New Yorkers tend to do.

A household consisting of two full-time Wal Mart employees, just immigrated from Somalia, here can, if they really want, buy a F15 as as wages in retail etc are twice that in NY. Most Young people here dont drive at all however, as they rather spend this Money on time off and traveling.

I'm 28 now and I think only about 30% of my former high school classmates from the suburbs own a car today, yet they are all high-performers.

I play basketball with guys aged 25-35 years old from various backgrounds. When the 15 of us show up for practice, only 3-4 do so with their car.
Appreciate 0