View Single Post
      10-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Wel, used to own a 981 CGTS, PASM, SCP, PCCB, PSE, PDK, I have to say interior wise that car stood far above the M2, which I`m currently driving, the 6MT version.

IMHO;

The PDK outsmarts the M-DCT by far (I`ve test driven an M4 with M-DCT for over 1500km), especially in the automatic mode (so that makes it 50% better tot me) The 6MT on the M2 is great, short and direct throws, very easy, no rubbery feeling to me, the clutch is (too) soft, it engages (too)late and (too)high for me, definitely a point for improvement!
If I would buy a next Porsche I would take the PDK in a blink of an eye, it is really that good.

Interior of the Porsche has a much higher level. The iDrive I must admit is far superior to al the Porsche knobs, and BMW`s sat nav is being considered the best in automotive industry, although the 718 system has improved compared to the 981 one. It is quicker, has more options (Apple car play)
The cabin in the Porsche feels smaller, I do like that personally, it makes you feel more one with the car, I think on ergonomics and seating position the M2 could have done better, even with the standard manual seats I`m sitting high, the transmission tunnel is too wide at the accelerator pedal, too small where you knee should res against the knee pad, but it won`t do that, it simply is too wide of.

The M2 is a lot heavier, so the standard 718 on 300HP IMO is not really underpowered, it is just the way of perception. It pulls a little less (torque) than the M2, that could also influence you opinion.

The best of the Porsche however was its road compliance, the M2 is harsh in comparison !

Last edited by Romo; 10-11-2016 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 5
3tekcorps826.00
J.M263.50
amdmaxx119.00
CSBM52730.00