J.M
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 DCT BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Test-drove a Cayman PDK this morning

I test-drove a Cayman PDK this morning and, as expected, there were some things I liked about it and some others I didn't. In short:

Things I liked: Steering feel, steering wheel, driving position, handling (!), gearbox (at least just as good as the DCT), individual buttons for the sports exhaust, rear spoiler and for the suspension settings. Traction is very good, even with Pirelli PZero tires (same dimensions as the M2).

Things I did not liked: Engine noise (4 cil, loud but numb in high revs), navigation system (got lost and had to use it to get back to the dealership). The way the interior is arranged makes it less intuitive to use and not as comfortable as the M2. Did not like the engine which IMO is severely underpowered (300hp) and lacks torque in lower revs.

Conclusion: Would not buy this version. Will test the Cayman S (both manual and pdk) soon.

PS: I ran out of battery on my camera and had to improvise a bit using my phone... the sound is good enough though. Will try to edit a reasonably informative video later on.
Robin_NL8723.00