04-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #16
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post
I dont know, its kinda up to you. If you start having issues with it then I would not put up with it too much. Maybe he is getting the same kind of feedback from other users even though they dont post up here. Hopefully he'll get the jb4 out for n55 and you can upgrade to that.
They post firmware and updates to their forum regularly so that would be the best place to get information or help with it. I think they isolated that problem random check engine light during cruise down to a specific DME software from BMW and are working on getting that update on their development N55 as I type this.

Until then it's easy to update the firmware and run the JB+ simulation mapping. Many users have been very impressed with it!

Quote:
On the tuning we have a new firmware trying to address a low throttle check engine light a couple have reported. Haven't been able to recreate it in any local cars so perhaps climate related.

Also added a map 6 to it for those who want to see how the N55 JB+ feels/drives in comparison to the stage1. It's tied in to the "iat decay" user adjustable and 0-100 represents 0-100% on the dial. 50% (or iat decay = 50) is suggested.

The new firmware is in the first post.
Appreciate 0