View Single Post
      12-03-2023, 05:32 PM   #54
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I've driven the Volt, Bolt, and Mach E. I've been in both the Model Y and Model 3 for over an hour each (the Model 3's back seat is the worst seat I've ever sat in - and I'm known for doing 8-hour days on a motorcycle). 40 minutes to recharge to 180 miles is a joke.

Trying to power a car/truck with a giant battery is not the correct use of the EV drivetrain; it's stupid actually. If the entire industry wasn't massively legislated by and funded by Government, it would have never gotten off the ground. You can try to debate that all you want (we have a thread on it already) but you can't win the argument. The only reason EV exist is because CARB in 1990 declared California was not going to have gasoline cars sometime in the future; it's been a legislated forcing function ever since. Easily provable.
Oh wow, over an hour. Cool.

I could make equal arguments about how CAFE regulations are so ridiculous that they completely overlook large trucks with a certain sized footprint and over a certain GVWR in order to keep those cash cows rolling in for the manufacturer. You don't think there are complete shenanigans in ICE governmental regulation too? Way, WAY more than in EV.
Appreciate 0