View Single Post
      03-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
jmk01010
Rep
Drives: 99 M Coupe / 2007 M Coupe

(Soon to be) New Coupe Owner w/ Questions

Hi, all:

Been following this forum for some time. Probably will be purchasing an '07 M Coupe next week. It's gray over black, 25K miles, one previous owner, appears to be in great shape, going to dealer for a pre-sale inspection. Carfax is clean. Body, interior, engine bay are all immaculate. Drove it yesterday and put down a deposit. Car felt very tight, no rattles or squeaks. I've owned a "99 M Coupe for some time, but the '07 is completely different...

It appears to have a November '06 build date. Cars first shows up on a California BMW dealer lot in January '07, but doesn't sell until December (w/ only 70 (!) miles on it), so it probably sat for some time. Should I worry about this? Black driver side door trim shows a small bit of fading.

As I said, this is a completely different beast from the '99. I've read about the CDV, and I had a really hard time shifting smoothly. Along with this, when you let off the gas, the rpms drop immediately. I'm sure I'll get used to all this, and I'll probably do the cdv delete, but does this seem normal? Also, the sound... at higher rpms like a coffee can full of nails (for lack of a better description). Normal?

I welcome your comments and thanks in advance.

Mark
Appreciate 0