View Single Post
      06-20-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

I just had the Eisenmann race (full catback) installed today. I had the segments welded as per Eisenhaus' recommendation. It is sublime in sound and the gains are noticable (w/ Procede) in the upper revs.

I love the sound..... not too loud for my taste, but it has a great depth and really roars at WOT. That said, it drones like hell at ~2K when crusiing at partial throttle. I've only had it for a few hours, so maybe I can live with it if it proves to be managable by avoiding the "drone spot" in daily use. It reminds me of that South Park episode with the "brown note"...... a low frequency sound that when played causes everyone within earshot to experience spontaneous defecatory incontinence. At first I thought it might be amplified by the back seats being folded to accomidate the factory exhaust, but I stored it in the garage and put the seats back up, and the drone remains in full effect. It sounds totally sick in every other circumstance (WOT in the last 2K revs is, by far, the finest sound I've ever experienced), so it will be a shame if the drone forces me to swap for the Meisterschaft (sp?) muffler when it materializes, which is probably going to be a bit less agressive sounding overall.

So, yes, I have drone. The GF is going to love having to shout back and forth on road trips.

Would having the stock resonator spliced in (if possible) the attenuate this effect without killing the note in other ranges? Just a thought.
Appreciate 0