11-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #16
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EandS View Post
Only the back covers which were originally silver were painted.

On the subject of painting the covers to match the car's finish, we would encourage those considering it to spend a little time thinking about what's to be achieved. From our perspective, the color of the interior leather plays significantly into the consideration. In our case we thought the original silver on the back and black on the front looked incredibly tacky, and the silver contrasted way too much with the black interior we chose. That's what drove our decision. If you can, try to imagine our Crimson Red car with the rear covers painted Crimson Red - not very nice at all, at least to us. Obviously, it's all in the eye of the beholder and there's no one right answer.

Best regards,
Ed
I agree with you the black does look nice with your interior color, and is a nice contrast with the red body color.

But I also believe the roll bar cover color extending from the black package shelf/trunk lid interface is the overriding factor. I believe BMW missed the mark here and should have colored them black regardless of interior or body color.

Roadstergals' choice will be a far better combo than the factory, and should be very unique.
Appreciate 0