View Single Post
      11-26-2007, 12:20 PM   #15
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serjames View Post
The boost comes in too strong, too early, that's the issue and then seeminlgy tails to stock like figures (actually higher but feels less because of the uneven delivery)

Don't get me wrong it's good, real good, but suits some styles more than others I would think.

V2 smooths the curve and gives more on top, so it's actually faster but feels more gentle.

What Tony and I have discovered is with the open differential i.e. no LSD the standard electronic TC is cutting in way more than we realise, That's on your big D's too.

i.e. just because the yellow light isn't on doesn't mean the tc isn't nannying the power delivery.

We're pretty sure about this now - I've driven Tony's LSD 335i and I reckon from a standing start his is as quick to pull away as mine give or take.

It just feels better. Oh and Drifts like a goodun now - we've not done any back to back runs, it wouldn't be worth it because of the weight difference but it does Butt dyno very well.

The TC is cutting at least 40 to 50% of our power I would hazard in 1st gear and maybe 20% in second.

SJ
I agree, the LSD makes SUCH a massive difference to the way the car drives, accelerates and corners. I'll be posting a separate thread about the LSD a little later on today, now that I've spent a week working out what it does and how it does it. I think it will make a huge difference to the 335d as well, because it really does help prevent the traction control from cutting in too early (even though the TC light is off, the TC is still on and working - it's just that BMW have raised the threshold before the light comes on, otherwise in the 335s, both Ds and Is, the dash would be like a Christmas tree almost all the time!)

James' 1.47 Proceed is incredibly quick, but it does deliver its power in one big bang... I hope V2 smooths everything out and makes the power delivery more linear. If he had an LSD, I really wouldn't see him for dust... although at the moment I have a feeling that I can pretty much keep up with him from a standing start, due to the extra traction I have.

Last edited by E92Fan; 11-26-2007 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0