View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #22
riccappa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Less true with the introduction of the latest Michelin A/S 3. I've got them on my daily now and they're better than a lot of pure summer tires I've had in terms of dry and wet handling and are still functional below 40 and in snow and ice. Not really germane to this discussion since they're not what's available on the 2er, but the old adage that A/S are good at nothing is a bit winged now.
From Tire Rack:
Tire Rack
2 weeks ago

"We are just a few weeks away from our formal winter test. However, winter's arrival in South Bend during December '13 provided our first opportunity to experience the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 in the snow on our test track. On well-packed snow the Pilot Sport A/S 3 could not quite match the traction of its predecessor (Pilot Sport A/S Plus), and when driving through several inches of loose snow its acceleration, braking and cornering traction was noticeably challenged. This appears to be the trade-off for the Pilot Sport A/S 3's exceptional dry and wet performance."

There's a video on youtube about those, and they did get rave reviews in dry and wet conditions even in very cold temperatures, which is commendable, and they are the new benchmark, but they just can't substitute a good winter or snow tire.
Appreciate 0