View Single Post
      12-04-2005, 04:48 AM   #13
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by petesamprs
tierfruend - I find my shifts sometimes results in a lurch as I'm completing them....never before on any other manual. This happens mostly into 2nd gear (both upshift and downshift), so I find myself inadvertently trying to avoid it (ie, staying in 3rd down to 1k rpm even when a downshift 2nd is more appropriate).

This seems definitely like a CDV problem.

I have noticed myself adapt to this shifting dynamic - have to concentrate on letting the clutch out at the perfect rate to get the car not to lurch.
Thatīs what I understand from all posts on the CDV subject. Itīs just that I really have no problem shifting smoothly with or without a CDV. Today I even tried to provoke a problem by letting the clutch out exceptionally fast. As long as I match the revīs engine (as I usually do), it doesnīt matter if I have a CDV or not and if if declutch fast or slow, The shifts simply are very smooth. In fact, due to the pretty precise engine response to the throttle of the BMW I-6es, I find them very easy to shift smoothly despite CDV. An Audi Turbo Diesel is far more difficult to shift smoothly....

Donno ....