06-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #8
wifesbimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5 M50i, E92 M3, '16 F150

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
i find a high strung motor with gobs of boost loses it's a daily drive-able characteristics and often becomes more of a chore than enjoyment. it could be because i am now a bit older but heavily modified vehicles are fun on the weekends but annoying in all other regards. YMMV.

i believe this is purely opinion based and not fact based because in other forums on other platforms there is no shortage of aftermarket support for many of the NA/FI vehicles produces... there is just much less in the X5 / SAV segment because those drivers are typically older or use it for daily driving or hauling passengers where the market for aftermarket pipes and tunes and anything in between is much smaller.
It is true that the demographic who is more likely buy the X5 is people with kids to use it as a family bus like myself, but not necessarily older though. My point was that he would be better off buying a X5M if looking for performance in the X5.
When you get a chance, check out the X5M forum and see what are available for tuning an SUV. The options are just as vast. Stop living under a rock.
Appreciate 0